Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Get Write Wednesday 2


When I tried thinking of a topic that would spark my interest this week, I could only think of my friend Michelle, and her post this past weekend. It is a piece of writing that evoked the oddest combination of feelings in me - sadness and joy at the same time, as well as overwhelming sorrow and yet peace in nearly the same sentence. I urge you to go read it, but do so with the following in mind -

*  You might need some privacy and personal space. Tears are possible.

*  If you have some unexplained need to judge those who welcome an abundance of joy and gifts in the form of children into their lives, steer clear.

*  If someone else's ability to feel loss when it appears they already have so much IRKS you, steer clear. 

That is all. Enjoy her writing, and if you have enough time and energy, read the post she wrote AFTER this piece. If ever I felt part of a story simply by the written description of it, it is this moment. I hope her writing is as beautifully cathartic for her as it is moving for us.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. I am overwhelmed. And thankful. For all that I have. Sometimes you need a little perspective. How terrible of me that mine just came from someone else's extreme grief.

    ReplyDelete