Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tuesday Owenisms 2



Setting the scene: The kids, Hubs, and I are at my mom's house. Hubs is busy riling me up or bickering with me. We're bantering.


"Is he being a dick, Mom?"

I could only think to respond "Yes" so instead I stayed silent. I looked from Owen to Hubs, to my Mom, back to Owen. Hubs asked what I was going to do to handle it. My Mom looked at me with wide eyes. I simply said, "Honey, dick is actually considered sort of a bad word....too. Please don't use it." Of course Hubs was being a dick. And apparently it wasn't the first time.


2 comments:

  1. hahahaha. WE are very cautious around our house with that one because Craig's dad's name was Dick and my mother-in-law will often refer to him when she talks about the past...so my kids would have no idea at this point that it's "considered sort of a bad word" LOL But I think that's funny that he was helping you along, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Owenisms, but I hope one day he learns to not say things he shouldn't say. We can hope, right? haha

    ReplyDelete