Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday 3



Patience
I am thankful my patience has grown over the last several years. While it waffles and teeters back into unacceptable levels, maturation must be a real thing because I think I've experienced a smidgen of it.


Sports
I have always appreciated sports and been able to draw correlations to their significant lessons in life. The busier I've gotten at work, the more I appreciate the sheer relaxing nature of watching competition and rooting as a fan. Especially when I learn that colleagues have become "too busy" to have hobbies.


Distractions
At times, it can be discouraging. They can impede progress. Being distracted when you don't want to be can create frustration. But when you embrace the distraction, especially when it's your 8 year old boy who doesn't always engage you to chat JUST TO chat? It can be the best thing in the whole wide world.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always praying for more patience. I always think the more I have the more I want, LOL.

    Never too busy for my Jayhawks!! :)

    Agreed on Distractions. Lately, I have really enjoyed the fact that my almost-12 (!!) year old will engage me in the evenings after all the other kids are in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good honest post. That whole "patience" thing is hard lol

    ReplyDelete