Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday Mumbles 3



1. There are certain days when I completely agree with Hubs that I've lost my mind and am crazy.

2. I also believe there are certain actions or topics that, when pressed on you over and over again without any give or bend, can help LEAD you to crazyland.

3. I wanted Sunday to be Movie Day for me and the three little ones, but because my children aren't immobile lumps like I wan them to be on Sundays once in awhile, we could only muster Movie Afternoon.

4. Turner made it through Madagascar (one) and Home Alone (two). Owen and Sis only made half of Madagascar before retiring for naps, after which they came out and selected Diego.

5. Yes, the children opted for movies we already owned although I offered to rent them new ones. They might make very good investigators, watching what appears to be the same scene over and over and over again, uncovering new bits and pieces each time.

6. I mentioned I was running out of meal ideas for the kids, especially with weirdo eating Owen. Well, when I asked them for suggestions yesterday evening, I was told "peas....carrots...and rice." This is what I'm working with folks. And don't be fooled, they won't touch the carrots.

7. Do you have those moments in life where you feel you're always the one teaching or instructing or giving advice? Well right now, I feel I've been the student for an extended amount of time. And I'm never going to graduate.

8. Anything below 50 degrees can really take a hike right now.

9. I wore a couple of dresses to work recently and Owen and Evelyn thought the pantyhose underneath were the strangest thing they'd ever seen. The first time, Evelyn wouldn't touch them or hug me. The second time, Owen says, "oh....and now one of her legs is black again....".

10. It's 4:40 and I'm headed to boot camp. I really, really don't want to go. I just want to go back to bed.

2 comments:

  1. 2--Yup
    8--Yup
    10--hmmm, boot camp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what? Boot camp wasn't awful at all, and I'm actually looking forward to Wednesday. Weird.

      Delete