Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday Owenisms 3


Owen has always been a Daddy's boy. It hurts my feelings sometimes, but I get it. He was home with his a majority of his first year while Hubs finished his degree. And he's spent a lot of extra time with Hubs this past year while I was deeply involved in a project at work.

Truth be told, he would be a Daddy's boy regardless of those two facts, but they are what keep me sane and from thinking that he just doesn't like me. There are a lot of Owenisms that make me wonder, however, if that just MIGHT be the case.

It's gotten worse lately at bedtime. He started requesting that his Daddy take him to bed, removing my one stronghold on parental duties. I was SAD. My feelings were deeply hurt. The first night it happened, I simply walked to his door after Hubs did the duty, and said rather grumpily,

"Good night Owen."

Owen said, "Hey Mom?"

"Yes?"  (still grumpy, mind you)

"I don't HATE you."

He really knows a way to a girl's heart. The only thing that keeps me hanging on is I don't think I'll be able to marry him off any time soon. I simply responded, "I don't hate you either."

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I feel you on this right now. My son #2 is also a Daddy's boy and it really hurts. At least I still have Helen, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well..............at least he doesn't hate you haha! You still have Sissy and Tman on your side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my kids were Daddy's girl and boy so I could have less duties. :)

    Okay, but secretly, I love I am their #1. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete