Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday Mumbles 12


1. A day off work must result in a dark and gloomy downpour day? Bah humbug.

2. To satisfy my own curiosity, I want to straighten Evelyn's hair. But for fear that she'll fall out of love with her curls, I can't bring myself to do it. Yet.

3. My brother is getting married in a little over a month and I still haven't purchased the kids' outfits. I need to get on the ball.

4. Speaking of purchases, I am about to finish up book 4 of the Game of Thrones series and apparently book 5 hasn't made its way to paperback yet. Hm.

5. As a family, we've taken to watching game shows. We're talking the old school games like $25,000 Pyramid and new age games like Minute to Win It. And I can't lie....when we watch Wheel of Fortune, I don't hesitate to kick their butts. I love that game.

6. Owen and Turner will be going to summer school. I.AM.EXCITED. And scared. Please, Owen, behave yourself.

7. My children quote Duck Dynasty. Especially Uncle Si. There are a lot of "Hey Jack"s around here.

8. Did I tell you that Owen gave me a dollar in my Mother's Day card? He did. And he said that because he receives money in cards, he wanted to be certain I also had money in my card. He took the dollar from his own wallet.

9. Now I feel bad for sneaking a dollar out of his wallet when I was cashless and in dire need of a mocha one morning.

10. The kids have been singing "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore for weeks now. Yesterday I took them to the local thrift store and they were amazed they could find a love seat for $10 and an organ for $8. Simply amazed.

5 comments:

  1. Love taking the kids to the thrift store. haha. Yeah this weather is blah. and love the game shows!! I might pick up Game of Thrones since I'll be done with Hunger Games books tonight. Been looking for another something to sink my teeth into...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mumbles! Owen can be soooo sweet but then so ornery - lil stinker sometimes! They're great kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have book five. I have book five. I have book five.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, if you straighten that baby's hair, you must post pics! I can't see her being anymore precious than she is now, though.

    I love a good thrift store. I walk through them like it's the first time...every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You steal money from your kids? At least it's not for drugs or alcohol but wow!

    ReplyDelete