Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday Mumbles 37


1. Spring is really taking its sweet time showing up.

2. I've all but given up on figuring out what to feed my children. I'm ready to move to bread and water.

3. This past weekend has been full of spankings. I feel like I thought they were so bad so often, maybe it's me who needs to spanking for thinking negatively.

4. And no, that's NOT an invitation, Hubs.

5. I've tried hard not to be a sore loser and continue to watch college basketball to see the tournament through. The problem, however, is that I never really got into the regular season to begin with so I don't have a lot of interest or knowledge in teams still playing. As Keith Urban said, I'm Movin' On.

6. To the Royals, hopefully. Baseball season should be off and running this week.

7. Oh, today is our anniversary. Seven years married, a dozen putting one another through the wringer. The marriage number is really just a side note to the actual years together, given our start.

8. Evelyn was scolded by me yesterday afternoon in the car. When she continued to scowl from the back seat, Hubs tried to intervene and/or discipline. Her response was, "Dad, you're not Mom!" which we subtitle "she's the one pissing me off and right now I can only take one of you."

9. She also asked to watch "Meno Finding" when we got home which melted any and all frustration I might have built up. I mean, seriously. Meno? Meno Finding?

10. We bought ourselves another Honda. Yup. Just can't resist 'em.

1 comment:

  1. #2 - make them eat it or they starve. Our parents did it and many others have done it. You learn to eat it or go hungry haha.
    #5 - I didn't watch a single game the last 4 days - don't care since KU lost. :(
    #7 - congrats on 7 years!!! Doesn't seem like it's been that long. I still remember the day - fun times!!
    #8 - she's sassy!!!!!!! but sooooo cute in #9 - or maybe dyslexic haha

    ReplyDelete