Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday Mumbles 36


1. Evelyn likes to comb my hair and it's like Heaven. Truly. I have always loved to have my hair brushed and now I have a built-in stylist.

2. In fact, just last night I negotiated an extra two minutes of combing, and she countered with, "How about four?" DEAL.

3. Basketball was fun all weekend. Up until it wasn't, on Sunday afternoon. Ah well. Bring on the Royals.

4. Have I mentioned that, aside from photos of my friends' kids, I don't miss Facebook at all? I don't miss having mixed feelings about who stays in my news feed and who doesn't, feeling obligated to be interested in long lost folks or those barely known, or feeling like a constant gate keeper of memories and time management.

5. Work continues to go well and I still find myself marveling that I like it. It has struggles, like all do, and challenges me but I suppose that's what I want. Right? I need to be pushed and forced to explore outside my comfort zone. To a point. But if my comfort zone provides productivity and results, I sometimes question the need to be forced outside of it. If comfort zones produce stagnant choices and lackluster performers, then there is a need to push outside of it. I get that. But I struggle with the question....should everyone be forced outside of their zone just to fit a mold, or should the mold be pliable to fit around those who produce best in their zone?

6. And the trickier question is-is everyone focused on what the BEST results and productivity ARE? Is everyone aware that a team can and NEEDS to have different production cycles and different results for different stages of a process?

7. On another note, we experienced good 60 and even 70 degree days around here only to wake up to snow Sunday morning. WTH? Get over already, Winter.

8. Owen, not without his struggles that have been well documented, is without a doubt my sweetheart protector. He's like my bodyguard sometimes, when he thinks I need one. I love it. He's going to be GREAT for Sissy when they're in school together.

9. And Turner will remain the constant instructor. He can't help himself. He's like me and always teaching and preaching. I promise, folks, I'm trying to beat this out of him. As softly as possible.

10. There is a new TV series on NBC. At least I think it's NBC. Resurrection. Omar Epps. I saw the previews and decided to DVR the first episode to see if it was worth it. Liking it a lot so far, actually. Might be a keeper on the Sunday night rotation of nothingness. Well, nothing until football starts. Did I mention Go Royals?

No comments:

Post a Comment