Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday Mumbles 35


1. Oh how I love daylight savings. All these folks who complain about the switching of the clocks so we can get a few extra daylight hours can suck it. Sun. Shine. People.

2. I finally went for a run. A short nearly two miler with Turner on a near 60 degree day. It felt like the start of something new.

3. My younger siblings are rising to grown folk status. One is slated to become a first time parent and another is in contract for a house. As my dad said to my granny, "Things are going crazy!"

4. I realized recently that I really never face my fears. True fears. At least I feel like I've taken the easy path almost always and called it "methodically approached". I can't easily think of one thing I've done that was an acknowledged fear beforehand, that I consciously tackled.

5. March Madness is upon us. I have zero idea how to prepare. We lay eggs. We look fabulous. Who knows what we can expect, which-for me-makes it fun. And when I say "we", I of course mean the Jayhawks. I shouldn't assume my few readers readily know who I support.

6. Speaking of the Jayhawks, I've had to enlighten a new East Coast co-worker to the ins and outs of KU, MU, KSU history. It sometimes feels like Coast dwellers never realized we existed before we were actually IN FRONT of them.

7. I finished Game of Thrones book five. Yea me. (This calls for a get-together with my pal Tracy so I can return it, me thinks.)Time for the second book in the Hunger Games series...while I multitask and read the Pat Summitt autobiography.

8. I have a dentist appointment this week to get a cavity taken care of. Send good vibes Thursday afternoon. I'll need them as I white knuckle the chair and pretend like I'm not crying.

9. For the first time in...forever...I had my eyebrows waxed twice within a month timeframe. As in "upkeep". As in...wow, I've never allowed myself such a luxury.

10. As for Evelyn, who sat watching, it wasn't considered a luxury. The gal looked at Sis and asked if she was ready for her turn after I went. When I was finished and got up to go, Evelyn was glued to her chair with a look of death on her face. She started shaking as she gripped the arms. I picked her up and said "Time to go!" She started bawling. SOBBING. Said she didn't want the girl to put tape on her eyes. She sobbed for at least five solid minutes. Doesn't sound like a lot, right? In a retail store, a five minute sob fest with choked speech and clinging hands, it's an eternity. The girl felt so bad but I was laughing. Evelyn clearly didn't get the joke. Sounds a bit like her mama.....

No comments:

Post a Comment