Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday Mumbles 34


1.  I never realized how much influence music had on my childhood. While we were never singers or dancers or anything artistically in tune with music, my parents included it in our 'everyday' whenever they could. And because Hubs had a similar experience I think, I find we are unconsciously making it part of our 'fun' with the kids. As an example, I sit here typing and Evelyn is grooving on the bed to Abba's Dancing Queen.

2. And, to prove that music is becoming more and more relevant, I actually buy songs on iTunes periodically. For those who don't know me quite so well...I don't shop online. Ever. So this is a new adventure for me.

3. (She's now bouncing to Beach Boys' Kokomo)

4. When I'm placed in a place of retail (specifically, clothing), I am constantly searching for bargains and clearance racks. Sadly, even when I might find something I like...I feel like I have to have a NEED for it before I can purchase it. I realize this is a solid built-in restraint mechanism but it makes me sad when I leave things on the rack that really should belong to me.

5. Is anyone else guilty of snatching up stray dollar bills and coins that may or may not fall completely out of pants pockets that don't belong to you? Just me? All of us?

6. I finally read the first book of the Hunger Games series. After the first three chapters, I text one of my friends and told her that I was not happy with it thus far. The premise made my stomach hurt. But I said I'd keep going, and I later admitted I couldn't stop reading. BUT...that doesn't change the fact that my stomach hurt, or that I secretly wonder if we'll get to a point where humanity takes on some form of this, not that it isn't already. I need to get book two before too much time lapses.

7. (Bon Jovi, Shot Through the Heart)

8. Did I tell all of you that I haven't ran or been to boot camp since October? Terrible. Simply terrible. I might consider returning in April. If March warms up enough, I can start jogging again. I just hate winter so, so, so much.

9. I made potato soup Sunday afternoon. The thick, creamy kind. It's been awhile since I burned the last batch so I was a bit nervous. This one turned out great.

10. Apologies for being absent around here of late. Mondays seem to come and go so fast anymore. I just wish I could same the same for the wrinkles that keep appearing. They just never GO. Only come. So sad.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, The Hunger Games made my stomach hurt, too. I forged ahead though and once the ultimate end of the story came, I was happy with how it turned out. Dystopian fiction is not for the faint of heart (when it's well written). I keep thinking I need to re-read 1984. It has been FAR too long since I read that. But I'm currently entrenched in the Dysopian society of post-apocalyptic Chicago (Divergent Trilogy). :)

    ReplyDelete