Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Mumbles 18


1. Well, at least now I'm hitting publish on the correct day of the week, yes?

2. I have decided there is a new nerdy work phrase that I can use just for me - you can take the girl out of Ops, but you can't take the Ops outta the girl. Meaning.....I might be excited to be out of the daily grind of Operations, but my mentality and the efficiency needed to make an Ops environment work is ingrained in my work ethic.

3. That revelation last week helped me do two things. First, I realized it was what was causing my internal struggles with less than stellar performances around me. Second, I could breathe a bit easier with the knowledge that it was this factor causing little to no acknowledgement of these less than stellar performances.

4. I also must realize that just because I *think* something can be done better, I can't be arrogant to think I could be the one to do it better, nor is it as easy as I think it might be to fix.

5. As I type this, I hear the movie Avatar say the words "bitch" and "punk ass". Umm...I thought this was a kids' movie too? Turner is opting to ignore me when I am asking him to verify what I heard. Afraid I'll turn the channel. Which I will. When I'm done typing my Mumbles.

6. As a side note, who thought this movie was so great? A blue...person/thing with a tail? What? Really?

7. I had an afternoon date Saturday with Hubs and I shocked him by suggesting we go to a movie. He was thrilled because I hate the movies. You all probably know that. BUT...I was craving a movie coke and popcorn, so I sucked it up.

8. Thanks to my sisters for coming up and hanging with the little people. I know they can wear a person out, but it was very much appreciated. To have a babysitter come to the house instead of us traveling somewhere to get that "service" was a nice change.

9. Just FYI - I think it's BOGUS it's only in the 70s in July. Not just bogus, but stupid. Dumb.

10. Grown people acne sucks. Not just sucks, but stupid. Dumb.

1 comment:

  1. Never saw Avatar. Don't care to, either.

    You are a better non-ops people for all your time in ops. :)

    I go to movies just because I want popcorn and soda, too!!! ;)

    I am not a fan of the 70s, but the rain was nice and I enjoyed my run in it this evening. :)

    ReplyDelete