Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Mumbles 19


1. As confirmation that I take myself too seriously, I was accused not once but twice this week. One came in the form of the statement, "You used to have a sense of humor." The other in the form of the statement, "You haven't been very light-hearted lately."

2. SO, I will try again this week to lighten the mood, and find a balance between what must be given the "serious" priority and what can be indulged and humored upon.

3. But first, can I just complain once? It wasn't until after having kids, and certainly Evelyn, did the hormones of ovulation really affect me. Now, I get a headache every month the day or two before I begin my cycle. It stinks.

4. The kids and I watched the animation movie Rio Sunday night. Cute movie. I just need O and E to get a bit more "movie friendly" and sit still better. That way I can totally veg out.

5. Did you know there is a www.farmersonly.com dating site? Just wondering.

6. I made a list of things to do or happening in August for the family. I was tired after reading through it.

7. Did I mention that we're thinking about coaching the indoor t-ball session at the local sports facility, and putting Owen and Evelyn on the same team? It's for 3-5 year olds. We coached Turner's one year and judging the others coaches, it's best if we handle these two for the first year.

8. We finally.........................finally finished Turner's summer book reports. He had to do two and it was exhausting. BUT, I didn't want him to rush through the books and rush through what he thought was a decent "report". I don't think the teacher gave them any direction on what a good report is, and I didn't want him to get off on the wrong foot on how to put one together. I monitored his reading, and read along too, and then we discussed the questions she needed answered and how he could incorporate them into his report. It's tough for an 8 year old not to just answer the questions as they're listed 1-7 but I am trying to teach him the idea of an opening, conclusion, body, etc.

9. Speaking of reading, I am reading a non-fiction book right now and I love that it requires me to have a dictionary handy. I need refreshing writing with intellectual language I don't come in contact with daily.

10. Summer has been slightly disappointing as far as heat goes. There haven't been as many days as I'd like for me to hit the pool after work. Ah well. We still have August. Here's to hope.

1 comment:

  1. Good mumbles :) You are a bit too serious. Learn to laugh more at the small, silly things :)

    Good luck getting E & O to be more movie friendly lol they prefer to be moving around. I could see E maybe sitting still by herself, but not with O around lol but they might play t-ball together? fun times!!

    ReplyDelete