Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday Mumbles 16


1. Do you ever feel like you have a "free" weekend and then all of a sudden, it's Monday and you wonder what you did with all that "free" time only to realize you never actually had any "free" time?

2. Turner had a ball game yesterday afternoon and although their team lost, he had a pretty fantastic game. He's the energy guy on the floor, tying up every loose ball and being a general pest to the other team. He's almost always one of the smallest yet he will drive it inside and do some funky lay-up. Biased I know, but he's fun to watch.

3. And for those of you who recall, I was his coach for two years. I get basketball. It takes all I have in me to not holler at the coach(es) when I consistently see our team failing to do some very simple things. Fundamentals, they're called. Because to be a decent player, you fundamentally need THESE abilities. Aggravating.

4. Jim, I'm hopeful that Evelyn knows she has to wear her dress for a short period of time and she had better not cry during you and Rachel's day. She seems agreeable here at home. I worry about the crowd when we're there.

5. If I just type my fears, maybe they will turn into nothing and I've never said them out loud. Right?

6. If some of you haven't read what Paula Deen and her brother are being accused of, here you go. It's not about one slip 30 years ago. It's about hundreds of "Southern Style" living entrenched in their hearts and minds. Accepting her apology isn't something any fan (who doesn't personally know her) is really capable of doing. An issued apology in the heat of the moment means as much as marshmallows in hell.

7. Emily, marshmallows are on my mind. Now we might have to splurge.

8. Recently I've been advised to "let things go" so I don't explode and "don't take it too seriously", all with regard to work. I do take work seriously and I won't stop, and I will let things go when my point is made or I'm not being talked or treated in a way that is unacceptable. That's just the way I'm made up.

9. To be clear, I still love my job. :) I honestly do. It was the best career move I ever made.

10. What I can't figure out is how our kids came out so darn cute. Don't we all feel that way? I suppose some people say, "My kids better be cute...I've been hot since 6th grade!" but that hasn't been me and I've seen pictures of Hubs when he was young. Ha!

1 comment:

  1. #10 -- hilarious. Yes, I have wondered just how my kids turned out cute, because that whole "hot since 6th grade" is NOT me either...or my husband. LOL

    Hope Evelyn behaves in the wedding. :) REgardless she will be cute!

    ReplyDelete