Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Monday Mumbles 17


Mumbling on Tuesday isn't unheard of around here. Deal with it.

1. I'm tardy. Fairly certain I haven't mumbled since before the wedding. How did it go? It went great. You saw photos. We survived.

2. My brother and his wife were pleasantly lovely and wonderful hosts, as were the parents. Jim and Rachel, congrats...wonderful ceremony and celebration...more to enjoy as the years go past! Can't wait to share it with you.

3. Is it terrible that I put Evelyn in the boys' hand me down underpants when we're at home? They fit, they serve their purpose, and it saves money.

4. I'm thinking about taking Owen out, just him and me, and do his school supply shopping. Maybe we can find some excitement in the idea of school if he feels special.

5. But then again, he honestly might find more energy and enthusiasm for it if Turner is along with us and feigning excitement over the supply shopping so Owen will as well. Turner legitimately likes school so it shouldn't be so hard to fake.

6. I can still be mesmorized by the show So You Think You Can Dance. Am I alone in this feeling?

7. Sometimes, when I see a delivery truck rumbling down our road, I hope they're bringing me a package. I'm not expecting a package, I just want one. So long as it's happy and stuff.

8. But of course this only serves to remind me I haven't sent anything to anyone in a very long time. A few greeting cards here and there, but no good packages. I should rectify this and adjust my karma.

9. My sister suggested Saturday afternoon that we attend the Saturday evening Kansas City Royals baseball game. And so we did. I sacrificed a date night with Hubby (oops.....) but I've been wanting to attending one for a couple of years and hadn't made it out. I'm so happy I decided to take her up on it. Thank you Sis.

10. I started back to boot camp this month and am loving it. It's all about summer. The warmth and the sweat are perfect. Anyone else love that feeling?

2 comments:

  1. There's lots of sweat with all this humidity! And...I never watch SYTYCD but I have friends on facebook that keep posting "Vote for..." some chick from Kansas City who went to their Dance Company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mumbles are back!!!!!! The wedding was fun and your kiddos were awesome :)
    Hope Owen enjoys school shopping but ya not sure if he's better alone or with Turner. Tough call.

    Fantasy football is coming up soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete