Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday Owenisms 8


Setting the stage:

My mom sold our childhood home and bought a new one right after my sisters graduated from high school. My sisters lived in her new house with her during the summer before their freshman year of college, one sister again during their sophomore year, and then both of them for their junior years until the present. My mom moved out of the house for a portion of this time, for the better part of 5 or 6 years I believe. 

Sunday afternoon, our family is driving from Turner's basketball game down to my mom's house, where she lives with my sisters.


Me: We are headed to Grandma's house! Dad and Mom are going to drop you guys off to hang out for a bit while we go see some friends. Anna and Leslie will be there to hang out with you too.

Owen: We're going to GRANDMA'S house?

Me. Yes. Well, Grandma, Anna and Leslie's house.

Owen: Yeah. It was actually Anna and Leslie's house before. And then Grandma....she kind of stealed it, and she moved in....and...and...then she moved in and made it HER house.

Me: Mmmmmkay. I can see how you think that.....


You better believe I told my mom she stealed her house. Anna and Leslie backed up Owen's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment