Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday Mumbles 6


1. I'm very proud of Turner and his STRETCH class this school year. I'm worried the homework is taking its toll. It's a good thing there is only a month and a half left of school.

2. Owen finally graduated from the easy tricycle to the training wheel bike. We didn't force him, and he never wanted to move "up". Hubs put the wheels on, I took him and the bike AWAY from Hubs, and KAPOOYAH! He had it.

3. We have a neighbor who has a dog. This dog hops all the local fences and ends up in all yards but his own. I'm just thankful it's a lab and not another breed.

4. My dad's little triangle of backyard neighbors had a cookout Saturday night. It ended with Smores. Perfect.

5. Hubs and his sneezing need to GO. Anywhere but here.

6. Our family fun run on Saturday morning was terrific. It was close to 60 degrees and everyone came along. Hubs drove us out to a lake road with lots of hills and he putted along next to us the entire half hour. Turner, Owen, and Evelyn would hop in and out as they needed to, for rest and water. It was the most fun I've had as a family in quite awhile.

7. Hubs just said I rile white women up. By being loud and assertive. Whatever works?

8. Before my siblings text me and ask, this came up in conversation because at a restaurant Sunday afternoon, the kids were stake claiming their food rather noisily. I simply said (apparently with some volume), "You'll get what I tell you you're getting." A (white) woman leaving said, "That's right! We need to start doing that with our kids. That's how you handle them today."

9. I apparently also had our neighbor (not the one with the dog) cheering my support when I yelled at a "down the road" neighbor who was driving too fast.

10. Happy Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Turner's class doesn't give him too much homework. Too much and it will make him rethink doing the class. But he's a smart guy so maybe he likes it.

    Also congrats to Owen for upgrading to the training wheels bike. Also wish I could have seen him and Sissy run with you haha.

    ReplyDelete