Monday, December 30, 2013

Monday Mumbles 29


1. Holy holiday cleaning, I've heaped 8 bags of trash into my garage. It's a conglomeration of old toys, opened package/cardboard, random trash-able items from places like a bookshelf, and actual every day trash. Feels so good.

2. I've found a new musical love. Passenger. Here's a link to the song that I first loved, and two others that I really love as well. Song One. Song Two. Song Three. Okay I lied. There's a fourth. Song Four.

3. It's quite possible I'm really behind on loving these guys. I'm clearly aware that I am old and out of touch.

4. Owen had a successful Sunday afternoon. Two sharts that resulted in underpants changing. What an excellent end to the weekend.

5. Speaking of music, I am an admitted fan of Wrecking Ball, the Miley Cyrus song. I can't help myself. It's passionate. And the girl can sing.

6. Hubs and I were not supposed to get each other gifts. Guess who held up to their end of the deal? Yeah. Just me. So I had things to open and he did not. I felt like a jackass, but he's done this for the past few years now. He gets on my damn nerves.

7. I'm already sick of winter. Anyone else with me? It's not even January and how many days have been down into the 20s and 30s? Feels abnormally cold this year.

8. Did I mention I was rear-ended in stop and go rush hour traffic? I was. Here's my poor baby.


This has put me out of her for nearly two weeks while she gets repaired. And what kind of rental was a rewarded with? Oh yeah. The minivan. In case you're wondering, YES I am one of those people who can't stand the idea of being caught actually driving a minivan. I don't know why and everything logical tells me I shouldn't care and it's actually a great choice of transport. In fact, driving the one I'm renting for over a week has proven that it would be GREAT for our family and all the crap we haul around. But...I still can't think I'll seriously consider purchasing one, when it's time to get a new vehicle. This fact about myself makes me sad.

9. The kids received Despicable Me for Christmas. We had never seen it and have watched it 3 times in as many days. Very cute movie.

10. The highlight of the gift giving, however, is mine. The best gift award goes to my brother Jimmy. He gave me what I've been needing desperately - my Patrick Swayze fix. Dirty Dancing and Road House. Love him. (brother...Swayze...whatever. LOVE.)

2 comments:

  1. Forgot to comment last week. Nice Mumbles! How does Owen shart himself twice????
    Rachel also bought me an Xmas gift when we weren't buying each other gifts. So I guess you and I follow rules but our spouses don't lol
    Glad I rocked on buying gifts this year with great movies!!!

    ReplyDelete