Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday Mumbles 24


1. Oops. 5 weeks went by. That was a worst for me. I apologize, little brother.

2. In that time, I took a 5 day work trip, turned 36, waved so long to a retiring co-worker, took on a new client, and maintained my no-Facebook status.

3. What I miss most about Facebook isn't Facebook-related at all. It was the mind-numbing scrolling habit I acquired during the evening, after kids went to bed. And it hasn't been all that hard to break, to be honest.

4. Without Facebook, however, I need to keep up on the blog. My brother and SIL have decided to move even further away from us and we'll see them even less than we did with them 5 hours. away. That will mean I have to get better about TAKING photos so that I can upload the photos. I will also have to get better about simply blogging our fun little stories so they may feel "in touch".

5. The last two times we were at my dad's, he's brought up eating sardines. He knows I detest them, the smell, the look. I'm gagging just thinking about it.

6. I'm doing my best to finish up book 5 of the Game of Thrones series so I can watch the TV series. I'm getting excited.

7. Reading #6 over again just made me sad. My life is sad. I need more excitement in my life.

8. Where we don't need excitement is with Owen and school. And so far....so good. He doesn't tattle on himself like Turner, so if Owen's gone to the safe seat, I don't hear about it same day. In fact, he only let it slip that he's gone there when he told me how he PUT himself there to get away from someone else...and oh, he'd gone there before. Unwillingly I'm sure, but he was scarce on details. Shocking. ;)

9. Work continues to be interesting. I like that. I like the people. I like the challenges.

10. Well friends, I hope you have a wonderful Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I ran from FB and never looked back... I'd be a game-o-holic otherwise...

    ReplyDelete