Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday Mumbles 25


1. Turner might find himself on the wrong side of my attitude if he doesn't start acting like the brainwashed Raiders fan he's supposed to be.

2. Speaking of football, I couldn't take another Kansas City Chiefs win, so midway through the 3rd quarter, I decided to remove myself and go for a run. Mind you, I haven't run in a couple of months. I pumped out 4 miles on pure irritation.

3. I finally got the kids in the portrait studio this past weekend. (Oops - Owen turned 5 in April, Sissy 3 in June, Turner 9 in August) BUT, they're all still those ages and the sitting went fantastic. This was the first year, ever, that Evelyn didn't cry/sob/weep. Not once. Success.

4. That said, and as their mother I feel I can say this without judgment, I think my kids are cuter in person than they are in photos. It might be their age and inability to NOT appear natural, but I think it's their mannerisms, the little facial adjustments and looks and giggles that truly make them adorable.

5. Someone mentioned to me once that my descriptive way of writing was interesting, and I should take up writing. They didn't know I had a blog, not that I do any writing here, but the comment struck a nerve. I do want to write. Something. Consistently. I just don't know WHAT.

6. I have failed in the birthday scrapbook realm. Turner's book might have 6 or 7 birthdays in it, Owen's might have 3, and Evelyn's - none. Poor girl. I need to suck it up and try to get back into it.

7. I've made mention a couple of times on Twitter how much I miss Patrick Swayze. Am I alone in this? Not that he was making recent films but it feels like they've stopped playing his old ones as often. I haven't seen Dirty Dancing or Road House in ages. I miss them. I need them.

8. After a good portrait session, the kids were rewarded with a pumpkin patch visit, idea courtesy of Grandma. Here are a couple of shots from the day.
The kids took full advantage of the non-traditional playground equipment. They're lounging on the roped spider web while Owen crawled around it with verbal description of what he was about to eat. 

They don't do so well posing nicely. Evelyn's giving a furrowed brow, Turner's eyes are barely open. Only Owen, the most uncooperative child ever, is posing nicely.
9. I had parent/teacher conferences last week. See the caption above? Yeah. When Owen's teacher met with a behavior expert who came to chat with all the teachers, she said she just kept thinking about Owen. Well isn't that fantastic? We're hopeful we can keep him on track with some partnered effort.

10. Turner's conference went just fine. Shocking. I only confirm that his nerdiness doesn't hinder his socializing, and she assured me that isn't the case. When kids get to partner with one another, they want to partner with him. He's chatty, friendly, and altogether a "pleasure". The kids are a "pleasure", either way, to me.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness how I missed the mumbles! It's nice to see your not-so-little ones once more!! They look great! The biggest change I notice is Evelyn's hair!! It got big!

    ReplyDelete