Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday Mumbles 21


1. When Owen gets upset but has to forcefully try to cry, I sometimes lose it. Fake crying is the worst.

2. I'm too cheap to get pedicures but as I sat and did my toes last night, I wondered...how in the world will you get these painted once you can't fold your leg up to your chest anymore?

3. Every single door in our house squeaks. Hubs says he likes it that way so he can hear who is coming and going. I get it, but it still annoys the crap out of me.

4. The kids had a couple of stuffed objects that wore holes in them. While I CAN hand stitch small holes like that, they chose to ask Grandma to do since she was the expert, and had a machine. I think this made Grandma feel good.

5. Yesterday, as we drove away from Grandpa's house, Owen says, "Grandpa is SO AWESOME." Turner replies, "Yeah. He's really, really, really awesome." I think hearing that would have made Grandpa happy.

6. My parents are FANTASTIC grandparents and I don't pretend this is common or to be taken for granted. I appreciate it very much.

7. Is it just me, or is Pokemon kind of like cock or dog fighting??

8. I love the heat wave we're having (90s all week here in the Kansas City area), but I'm really tired of air conditioning. I don't know if I'll ever get to live without a/c or heater again, given the kids' allergies. Ugh.

9. Today is my girlfriend's birthday. Thinking of you Tracy!!

10. Evelyn decided - for this weekend at least - that she was okay with people complimenting her hair. When someone inevitably DID say something to her, she said to me as we walked away, "When people talk to you.....you need to...speak." What I loved about her sentence that can't be interpreted here is the way she said it. The pause after she said "you need to"....was her thinking the word TALK, but pausing to choose a synonym. It's tiny little lessons like this that make me smile.

1 comment:

  1. #3 - that's one of many - should make a list, but might never end! haha
    #6 - I don't have kids yet but they are pretty good grandparents! Pretty good parents too :)

    ReplyDelete