Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday Mumbles 20


1. Hubs and I have been together for 11+ years. We've been to or hosted multiple roller skating birthday parties. I've skated at all or nearly all of them. He says yesterday to my mother, at Turner's skating party, "When did she learn to skate? I didn't realize she could skate that good." WHERE HAS HE BEEN?

2. I had a few days off last week so I could be home to prepare Owen and Turner for the first couple days of school. Detaching from work when you have a work blackberry is very, very difficult.

3. BUT...I did manage to carpe diem all 3 days. Wednesday I decided to pack up Turner and Owen and head to the Royals game. On Thursday I was able to complete a lot of the laundry that had piled up on me recently. On Friday, I sent a late morning text to my dear girlfriend and decided to head over and hang with her for a couple of hours.

4. It's not that I CAN'T plan, it's that I prefer to live day to day and see how I feel. I am aware this causes issues with some people. Maybe I'll try harder.

5. Confession - we have a LOT of little boy underpants that both Turner and Owen have outgrown. Guess who hasn't? My mom is mortified that I sometimes allow Evelyn to wear pairs of the straggling boy underpants. I just can't stand to waste them and they fit her perfectly!

6. Have you ever had a jolt of shock when something you've been proud of....any sort of personality element that may exist....escapes you and you find yourself behaving like you typically never do? I've had that a few times lately and I'm wondering if I can just chalk it up to an early mid-life crisis?

7. I'm excited. Back on #3? That friend I visited? She let me borrow book #5 of the Game of Thrones series. It's so nice to get back into it. Now if I can just stop trying to find ways to sneak off and read.

8. My brother puts in a lot of hard work for our fantasy football league, but I think I'm bowing out after this year. I just can't seem to get excited for it anymore. Maybe it's because I don't get to sit at home on Sundays and just watch games. I don't feel as connected to the season. I'm feeling old just saying that.

9. One good thing about school starting? The kids get really tired earlier during the evening. :)

10. Today Turner turns 9 years old. Man, he looks so much better with a hair cut. Love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment