Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Mumbles


1. Instead of fighting Owen's destructive behavior (every toy must crash into everything in sight before dying a horribly loud, crushing death), I chose to allow it. But only if he goes to his room, shuts the door, and doesn't holler and scream.

2. Turner is just like me. It's scary. From his need to explain and correct to his need to keep things balanced (i.e. his quantity of dollars in Monopoly. He'd rather be owed some ones in the future as change, than to give away his remaining few he has and pay exact rent due), it's downright eerie.

3. Whenever Hubs tells the story of his knee surgery in 2009 (we were playing kickball with the kids), he always describes "HOW" he did it as "I made a football move and...". Seriously? A football move....in kickball? He needs to let this die.

4. My grandmother (and a couple of other family members) purchased a Kansas football tailgate package at a charity auction, and the event was this past weekend. Hubs took Owen, Turner and Turner's friend. Sis and I just tailgated and then headed to a house to watch from the comforts of a couch.

5. KU WON THE GAME.

6. Oh, and last Tuesday? KU basketball beat Duke. Hell yeah. Early season victories like this are sweet. Very, very sweet.

7. I almost bought myself a black Bah Humbug 'santa' hat today. Almost.

8. On a happier note, I have already started a list of fun things I might want to get the children. Things they've mentioned in passing, that I know they definitely want. That makes me feel good. Progress.

9. Hubs watched a movie on TV and wanted me to watch it as well, thinking I'd like it since it's a chick flick and all. He was right. Something Borrowed. But it also put me onto a fine fellow, Colin Egglesfield. Yum.

10. But alas, my only other marriage is to work. In case you wondered, I'm still lovin' it.

3 comments:

  1. Rock Chalk. I was so relieved the football team finally won a conference game after so long. and it's fun to see your kids have qualities like your own...I've enjoyed picking out ways my kids are like me. :) But I'm gonna say it: I know secretly -- you were just like Evie...Diva!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny there are two forms of OCD there.. maybe even three or four, if you think about it.:) Crashes and the Change thing seem pretty harmless though.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lady! Long time! Happy to hear your family's quirkiness is still going as strong as ever ;)

    And quit the bah humbugness and embrace the season. I'm one of those people who could sing along to holiday music all year round so I don't get those who can't stand it (like A.). Hopefully shopping for the kiddies and imagining how happy they'll be on Christmas will make it a bit more tolerable for you.

    I actually missed all your Rock Chalk mumbles and cheers :)

    ReplyDelete