Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Mumbles 30


1. I keep finding ways to clean the house and rid myself of clutter. It's a very slow process, but every weekend seems to result in something leaving the house for good. It FEELS good.

2. My mom wanted to get out of her house this weekend and said as much Friday. We exchanged text messages and decided we would take the kids to a movie and then watch the KU basketball game at our house. The kids love having Grandma over.

3. To keep the productivity going, I ALSO scrapbooked most of Owen's 5th birthday. What that means is, I have about two more pages and I'll be all caught up with at least ONE child. Yea me!

4. Evelyn loves to shop. Seriously loves to shop. What's good about this is that it's still just about "getting out and about", and not at all about actually purchasing anything. Especially for herself. She's just happy to be out, at a store, in a cart, holding items we may or may not purchase.

5. Literally, she does not wear out when we're out shopping. We're talking grocery store or clothing, she's just HAPPY.

6. Have I told you that Owen is an artist? His favorite Special Class is Art. At home, he's content with paper, markers or crayons, and tape. Glue sticks or glue preferable as well. I love that his imagination keeps him busy.

7. Turner counts things. Finds patterns in numbers. He can tell you how many red cars we might have driven by, if you suggested he do it on a given day. We just had a discussion on why people will call 1,100 eleven hundred, but 1,000 is always a thousand. I decided to explain that people prefer less syllables. I think it's a dandy reasoning explanation.

8. "It's so fluffy, I'm gonna die!!!!!!!" If you haven't seen Despicable Me, do it. Agnes steals the show for me. I personally think the three girls are a dead ringer for my three. I feel as if I mumbles about this already, but oh well. Margo is the no-nonsense practical sort (Turner), Edith is trouble with humor (Owen), and Agnes is dramatic but adorable (Evelyn).

9. I believe we reached 50 degrees Sunday. I was in heaven, and that is sad. Winter has been a beast already.

10. We kill TVs around here and somehow my dad keeps finding the old dinosaur box TVs to replace them. We just killed another Sunday. Burnt. Smelled burnt. We're down to a very fuzzy, off color, sometimes fades in and out box. Time to break down and get something decent. Now if I could just get a nice tax refund.....

1 comment:

  1. The Despicable Me movies definitely capture the dynamic of three children...I see my girls in them, too. :)

    I am done with winter. seriously.

    ReplyDelete